A startling day of rain, dark clouds, and the realization that I may have more than 300 writing implements filling old cups, dresser drawers, and baskets hidden under counters. Since I have nothing else on my agenda today other than my “to-do” list, which I never “do-to”, here goes…
- Yuma Recycling Center in Yuma, Arizona. A family owned (but now sold) business for 36 years. My oldest brother started it and retired from it having processed every kind of metal, plastic, cardboard, and paper known to mankind through its gates.
- Stirling Castle in Stirling, Scotland. I’m definitely keeping this pen since it looks like an arrow. Actually I have several of them and could fill a quiver. Stirling Castle is one of Scotland’s most historically important sites and deserves to be on everyone’s list of things to do when visiting.
- Duraflame. This is a pencil and will be useful to start a fire.
- Comfort Suites. Nothing memorable about this. In fact, I’m kind of embarrassed to have the pen!
- The Rock Church. Wow! Two pens from Yuma, Arizona in one batch!! I attended this church with above named brother and another sister. Great music and very friendly people who care.
- La Quinta Inns and Suites. Clean. I remember that much. I think it was in New Jersey?
- Mel’s Diner in Bonita Springs, Florida. 50’s theme and crazy paddles to hold while you wait in a line too long. The paddles have the names of bands and singers that were popular during the 50’s and early 60’s. I feel old when I’m there because 1. There are usually retired people there and 2. I recognize the names on the paddles. My favorite item on the menu is the Salmon Club sandwich.
- Town Place Suites. Yes, I said I traveled a lot and on road trips this type of 3 star hotel comes in handy.
- Viejas Resort and Casino. Located in Alpine, California and a half hour from San Diego, Viejas also has a great outlet shopping mall across the street – if you have any money left from the casino. I usually start at the mall and then wander into the casino, hoping that I find that one lucky slot machine that I missed the last time I was there. I know you’re beginning to think that I also gamble a lot, but think about that…I couldn’t afford to travel that much if I did since I’m a loser!!! Not in life, but certainly in a casino!
- BITE ME BBQ. Seems to be an appropriate follow up to number 9. This restaurant is in Wichita, Kansas and is absolutely mouth-watering. More on Wichita later, I’m sure.
I’d like to throw this out also… (not my back, that’s why I started a blog! I couldn’t move and needed something to while away my time while I stayed home)…if you see the name of a pen place that you’d like more info on, please comment. I’ll share what I know!